Moms: Tips for great dental health for you
Did you know that your oral health during pregnancy can affect the health of your unborn child? Studies show that pregnant mothers with periodontal disease have an increased risk of having low birth weight and preterm babies. Additionally, mothers with poor oral health are at a greater risk of passing the caries-causing bacteria to their children.
Here are a few ways to keep your own mouths healthy:
- Brush two times daily with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss daily to reduce plaque from in-between teeth.
- Visit your dentist regularly for check-up and teeth cleaning.
- Resist the urge to snack constantly on sugary foods and beverages. Instead, choose snacks that are nutritious and healthy such as dairy products, raw fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid sharing utensils to reduce the risk of passing bacteria to your child.
Good oral health habits not only prevent oral problems in moms, they benefit the health of your unborn child.
- Home Page
- Blog / News
- Moms: Tips for great dental health for you
Eagle Crest Pediatric Dentistry
Dr. Rose Wadenya - Board Certified Pediatric Dentist
Proudly serving Havertown and the surrounding areas of Ardmore, Haverford, Broomall, Newtown Square, Drexel Hill, Springfield, Clifton Heights, Bala Cynwyd, Lansdowne, Ridley Park, Woodlyn, Prospect Park, Bryn Mawr, Wynnewood, Overbrook, Holmes, Media, Darby, Folsom, Morton, Yeadon, Swarthmore, Wallingford.