6 Tips to Preventing Cavities
- Do not allow your child to fall asleep with a bottle of milk or other liquids containing sugar. Offer water instead.
- Seek regular dental check-ups starting at age one to begin a thorough prevention program with good dental habits.
- Brush twice daily with fluoride toothpaste as soon as the first tooth comes in. Use a smear of toothpaste up to 2 years of age and pea-size for 2 – 4 year old children.
- Floss once a day to remove plaque from between the teeth where a toothbrush cannot reach.
- Provide nutritious snacks. Limitin-between meal snacks that have sugar added to them.
- Talk to your children’s dentist about sealant protective covering of the grooves and pits of teeth to reduce risk of tooth decay.
- Home Page
- Blog / News
- 6 Tips to Preventing Cavities
Eagle Crest Pediatric Dentistry
Dr. Rose Wadenya - Board Certified Pediatric Dentist
Proudly serving Havertown and the surrounding areas of Ardmore, Haverford, Broomall, Newtown Square, Drexel Hill, Springfield, Clifton Heights, Bala Cynwyd, Lansdowne, Ridley Park, Woodlyn, Prospect Park, Bryn Mawr, Wynnewood, Overbrook, Holmes, Media, Darby, Folsom, Morton, Yeadon, Swarthmore, Wallingford.